Unique solution for staff engagement
FROM THE JUDGES:
Huge potential to replicate events and significantly increase giving.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- The Funding Network (TFN) is the largest collective giving model in Australia, with the non-profit shaking up the giving landscape through unique live crowdfunding events.
- TFN recognises that businesses often have strong workplace giving strategies and CSR initiatives, however lack the resources or creative solutions they need to engage staff to make the most of these opportunities.
- TFN’s crowdfunding events harness the power of storytelling and bring businesses, non-profits, individuals and government organisations together to find, fund and grow innovative social programs.
- At each event, three social entrepreneurs pitch their stories for six minutes and guests pool their donations to support innovative solutions to community issues.
- Partnering with a range of workplace giving technology platforms means employees can utilise these to fulfil pledges made at the events as pre-tax donations, which are then often matched by their employer.
- TFN builds upon the connections made at the events by facilitating skilled volunteering, mentoring and learning forums.
- PwC recently piloted the approach by partnering with TFN on two events to boost engagement with its workplace giving program. 70 staff participated and were able to pledge donations via the Good2Give platform pre-tax. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, with the attendees keen to return to future events.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Largest collective giving model in Australia
- Three social entrepreneurs pitch at each event
- PwC hosted two events with total 300 guests, including PwC staff
- Combined, the events raised $178,000