Australian Investment Council
FROM THE JUDGES:
Encouraging to see AIC using its influence to encourage its member companies to participate in WPG ”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Australian Investment Council (AIC) launched WPG in 2017
- In 2020, the participation rate skyrocketed to 83% as a result of excellent ‘lunch n’ learn’ sessions with their charity partners – The Cancer Council, Oxfam and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Currently 77% of the team is involved
- In the top ten companies in the One Million Donors Leaderboard
- Very high average annual donation amount at $417 per team member – almost double the national average!
- Total donations in year to June 2021 $4,170
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
AIC is the peak national body and leading voice of private capital investment in Australia. Its member firms are the standard-bearers of professional investment. They include private equity, venture capital, private credit funds, institutional investors such as superannuation and sovereign wealth funds and leading financial, legal and operational advisers. These firms partner with businesses across every sector of the market to help them grow, while supporting their local communities and creating new employment opportunities.
AIC has been committed to WPG since its program launched in 2017. Since that time, AIC has both seen a great take-up amongst its own team and has promoted WPG more broadly to its member base.
To this end, AIC has produced compelling video materials, introductions to senior leaders in the sector, included presentations on WPG at its annual conference and set a challenge for the entire private capital investment sector to get behind.
AIC’s charity partners include the Cancer Council, Oxfam, and Gavin Institute of Medical Research.