Greenhill & Co.
FROM THE JUDGES:
Maintaining 100% participation for workplace giving over the last four years demonstrates a fantastic giving culture at Greenhill.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 100% of 33 team members involved in WPG
- Funds donated in FY21 $45,954.60 (includes company matching)
- Average donation amount per team member $696.28 in FY21 (not incl. co-matching)
- A Count Me In (opt out) strategy was introduced in June 2016
- 100% participation achieved four years in a row
- A very generous annual matching program – up to $50,000 p.a.
- To ensure impact is achieved, primarily focused on supporting Redkite, but offers team members the ability to support other charity partners
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
Greenhill offers a wide range of transaction and sector-specific advice on significant mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, financings and capital raisings to corporations, partnerships, institutions and governments.
Greenhill’s WPG program was established in 2002.
Greenhill’s Managing Directors and senior leadership team are central to the firm’s success in WPG. Clear communication on the program is shared when new team members join the company and Greenhill has a very generous matching program in place. Team members who have a passion for the program are supported and given the time needed to grow WPG.
Greenhill considers WPG to be a core component of its team culture and its goal has always been to create an inclusive giving program. To ensure participation in the program, Greenhill’s focus has been to support one charity partner, Redkite – allowing the company to report back on the progress made to support families with cancer. Yet, if a team member has a passion for another charity, or there is a natural disaster, their giving goals are supported.
In addition to its very generous payroll giving program, Greenhill also makes redundant I.T. equipment and furniture available to the team to purchase for personal use. Funds raised from this program area also donated to Redkite.