FROM THE JUDGES:
Significant increase in giving through united coordination with charity partners. An interesting concept that was embraced by the business and the charities.“
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 6% of 1600 Stockland team members from 179 locations participate in the WPG program
- A partnership approach with charity partners ReachOut, Redkite and R U OK? was established
- Each charity member appreciated the impact that could be achieved working in partnership and approached the challenge with a commitment to help each other succeed
- This collaborative approach led to greater clarity for the Stockland team members and customers on the social impact that could be achieved
- In FY21, over 250,000 Australians received communication on the purpose of the partnership and the work of the charities
- Support for the Stockland CARE Foundation increased by 33% year on year
- In addition to existing Foundation charity commitments, $100,000 of additional funding was raised for the group through WPG and team member fundraising activities
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Stockland is one of the largest diversified property groups in Australia – owning, developing, and managing a large portfolio of retail town centres, workplace and logistics assets, residential communities and retirement living villages.
- Stockland wanted to address the challenge of how to effectively engage with employees in a meaningful way, while ensuring it maintained donations to the charity partners that are supported through the Stockland CARE Foundation.
- In 2020 and 2021, Stockland established an innovative model for WPG. Instead of liaising separately with its charity partners, it was agreed that a partnership model would be established and all partnership meetings and resulting communication would involve each of the charities – ReachOut, Redkite and R U OK? – as one group.
- In addition to activations across the year, ReachOut, Redkite and R U OK? worked together with Stockland to deliver a week that was dedicated to WPG. Activations focussed on engaging team members in fun events and activities. It had the overarching goal to share the impact that the partnership was having and move team members from once off donors to continuous givers.
- In addition to WPG growth, this collaborative approach to the partnership has resulted in other business benefits for Stockland as team members engagement with its Foundation grew.