Catholic Church Insurance
FROM THE JUDGES:
A great campaign, driven by sound logic and a compelling case for support within the organisation. Strategy and leadership engagement were strong, and staff engagement methods were practical and effective. Great emotional connection for team members.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 250+ staff members
- Workplace giving – launched March 2021
- Workplace giving participation – 11.5%
- Inaugural charity partners: Wellsprings for Women, Friends with Dignity, National Homeless Collective and Indigenous Literacy Foundation
- Since launch, over $45,000 has been donated to its charity partners, including over $11,000 from staff workplace giving (“wpg”)and fundraising donations
- $ for $ matching is provided by CCI Giving (CCI’s charitable foundation). As an added incentive at launch, employee donations were double matched for the first 4 months.
- CCI anticipates growing the Collective Kindness program to encompass fundraising, community donations and volunteering aspects also.
- CCI focused its support on four charities in order to provide meaningful impact, providing each a minimum two-year commitment. The leadership team got right behind the launch and the team were involved every step of the way.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
Catholic Church Insurance (CCI) is a 110-year-old insurance company with a long history of giving back to the community. To further enhance this culture and provide staff a meaningful way of giving back, CCI launched its wpg program, known as ‘Collective Kindness’, in March 2021. The launch followed months of in-depth consultation and involvement from staff, including suggestions for charity partners and program name, plus the ultimate vote.
The launch was highly creative. In addition to a significant double matching period, it included a virtual all staff meeting, followed by a staff emailing linking to both an FAQ document and donation form. To support the launch, a Collective Kindness internal comms site was developed, providing staff a one-stop shop for all information relating to the program including charity partner information, articles on giving, videos and discussion. In addition, each charity partner presented at the monthly virtual staff meetings, bringing their cause to life and allowing staff to ask questions.
Collective Kindness information is now included in the induction process for new staff, again emphasising a culture of giving back. CCI also got involved in June Workplace Giving Month sending a personalised thank you email, together with virtual Collective Kindness contributor badge, to each participating wpg staff member. Team members were encouraged to share their badge on the company Yammer page to encourage others to get involved. Posters have also been developed and shared in every office around the country