Huge impact on not-for-profits
FROM THE JUDGES:
”Bain is rightly proud that 60% of staff did pro bono consulting or volunteering in the past year.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Consulting firm Bain & Company Australia launched its pro-bono and volunteering program 30 years ago.
- The centerpiece of the program is the annual ‘Community Impact Day’, where the entire Australian workforce can volunteer or deliver pro bonoconsulting.
- On top of this, in the past 12 months 42% of employees have supported 25 charities through pro bono cases working on strategic problems.
- Social Impact externships (where staff work at a social impact partner applying consulting skills), external volunteering and NFP board / leadership advisory rounds out the scope of the Bain program.
- In 2017 Bain challenged two other consulting firms to a “Battle of the Bands”. Three chosen charity partners were invited to judge and to speak about the impact of their work. More than $14,000 was raised, with the largest prize pool being donated to the winning band’s chosen charity.
- In 2017-18 an education NFP that has served more than 20,000 students since its inception, developed its 2023 strategy supported by Bain’s program. They now embrace the bold ambition of tripling their workplace giving numbers and have a clear strategic roadmap on how to make this possible.
- Bain’s executive have committed to globally investing $1BN of pro bono consulting by 2025.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 60% of 285 staff participate in pro bono or volunteering
- Supported 25 charities over the past 12 months
- Delivered the equivalent of $5-7M billable casework to non-profits
- 80% Net Promoter Score from social impact partners