Exceptional Finalists Selected for 2016 Workplace Giving Excellence Awards
October 25, 2016
An exceptional list of finalists has been announced for the 2016 Workplace Giving Excellence Awards, recognising the achievements of those employers and their staff who are leading the way in supporting community organisations.
Best Overall Program
• BHP Billiton
• JB Hi-Fi
Best Launch or Refresh (Large Employer)
• Starbucks Coffee Australia
Best Launch or Refresh (Small Employer)
• Greenhill & Co. Australia
• Macquarie Telecom
• Pacific Equity Partners
Best Public Sector Program
• Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC)
Most Innovative Charity / Employer Partnership
• Give Where You Live Foundation (partnered with Ford Australia)
• Redkite (partnered with JB Hi-Fi)
• Room to Read (partnered with The Atlassian Foundation)
• Stewart House (partnered with NSW Department of Education)
“It was inspirational to see how dedicated these organisations are to making a difference in the community. While their support starts with payroll giving donations that provide the regular funding so important to charities, they demonstrate commitment, leadership and importantly, great results,” says Andrew Young, CEO of The Centre for Social Impact and Chair of the Awards Judging Panel.
“We particularly enjoyed learning how employers are using Workplace Giving in highly creative ways that not only contribute to staff culture, but also benefit the community – which is a win-win for all involved.”
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on Wednesday, 16 November 2016, at the Australia Post Offices, 111 Bourke Street, Melbourne.
Selected images from finalists can be found here.
The entries were evaluated by a distinguished panel of judges with considerable experience across corporate, philanthropic, government, community and academic sectors:
• Sarah Davies, CEO of Philanthropy Australia
• Lin Hatfield Dodds, Deputy Secretary, Social Policy, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
• Carolyn Hewson, Director of BHP Billiton Ltd. and BHP Billiton Plc
• Lisa O’Brien, CEO of The Smith Family
• Andrew Young, CEO of The Centre for Social Impact
About One Million Donors
The Workplace Giving Excellence Awards are part of the One Million Donors campaign that was launched by The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull, MP, in 2014. The campaign’s mission is to see one million Australians donating to charity direct from their pay by 2020. Donating pre-tax is the most cost effective way to support charity, and largescale adoption of this approach has the potential to transform the giving landscape in Australia. The campaign is spearheaded by The Australian Charities Fund and supported by high profile employers and charities, as well as leading community organisations.
Media contact: Olivia Rosenman +61 478 017 100 / email@example.com