- Celebrating the generosity of working Australians during ongoing challenges
- Industry leaders join the judging panel
- All employers and charities involved in workplace giving invited to participate
The sixth annual Workplace Giving Excellence Awards open today. The Awards are a highly regarded and anticipated annual event with last year’s winners including leading Australian organisations Accenture, ANZ, JB Hi-Fi, Tomago Aluminium, The Smith Family and World Youth International with Computershare.
2021 Awards Judging Panel:
The judging panel will be chaired again this year by:
- Wendy Scaife: Associate Professor and Director, The Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies and QUT Business School.
Returning panel members include:
- Simon J. Robinson: Director, Corporate Citizenship Australia.
- Mark Pearce: CEO, Volunteering Australia.
- Natalie Egleton: CEO of Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal.
New panel members in 2021 are:
- Kathryn van der Merwe, Group Executive, Talent and Culture, ANZ.
- David Sloan, National Manager, Corporate Partnerships, The Smith Family
- Jack Heath, CEO, Philanthropy Australia.
“Could there be a more important time for those Aussies in work to support others in their community – little by little, each pay packet? COVID-19, the drought and the Bushfires underline just how vital caring staff and their companies are in providing needed, regular income to charities that do good against all odds. The annual Workplace Giving Awards celebrate this special part of Australia’s pragmatic generosity”, said Wendy Scaife, the 2021 Judging Panel Chair.
Jenny Geddes, CEO, Workplace Giving Australia said, “it has been a disastrous year for so many in our community and I sincerely thank all the employers, team members and charities that have prioritised workplace giving across their organisations. Through the Awards, we look forward to celebrating the hard work of so many and acknowledging the difference that organisation’s workplace giving efforts have made to those in need. I encourage everyone involved in workplace giving to take the time to enter this year’s Awards.
For more information or to enter the Awards, visit:
- Applications open: 12 July
- Applications close: 30 August (5pm AEST)
- Finalists announced: 17 October
- Presentation event: 30 November
Award categories for 2021
- Best Overall Program (SME up to 199 employees) – NEW
- Best Overall Program (over 200 employees)
- Best Launch or Refresh (by an employer)
- Best Pro-Bono / Workplace Volunteering
- Best Innovation – UPDATED
- Most Innovative Charity / Employer Partnership and
- Best Workplace Giving Unsung Hero – NEW
About the Awards
The Awards are part of the One Million Donors campaign to see a million working Australians donating to charity through work. Spearheaded by Workplace Giving Australia and now in their sixth year, the Awards are supported by leading employers, charities and community organisations.
Divya Shekhar, Workplace Giving Australia
Phone: 02 9024 8630