King & Wood Mallesons
FROM THE JUDGES
WPG appears fully integrated, compliments and is complimented by other KWM support programs (such as pro-bono legal services). The program is alive and thriving.
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- Over $766k raised & donated to 25 Community Partners via DigDeep®
- A further $290k donated via KWM’s Strategic Grants, Donations & Sponsorships Program
- 44,240 pro bono hours donated, valued at over $14.m
- Raised over $50k for Australian Conservation Foundation to recruit a First Nations Lead Advocate
- Largest appeal ever raised over $80k for Deadly Inspired Youth Doing Good (DIYDG)
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a global top-tier law firm with over 1,700 staff in Australia. KWM is driven by a simple purpose – to use their mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of their clients, people and communities. Workplace Giving is fully integrated into the firm’s social impact ambitions, creating consistency at a national level and strong support from the most senior levels
Key WPG achievements over the last 12 months include:
(1) over 90% of legal staff contributed pro-bono hours
(2) ran 2 firm-wide ‘Final Hour Appeals’ (staff donate the final hour of the working week) via DigDeep®, raising in excess of $146,000 for 2 organisations
(3) provided a range of skilled volunteering with 56% of staff donating more than 6,869 hours.
(4) continued to expand the Social Mobility program to support over 40 young people via KWM School of Opportunity, Waiwa Mudena and KWM’s First Nations Fellowship – providing additional opportunities for young people to gain multiple meaningful exposures to the world of work.
KWM’s Social Mobility program currently engages over 150 KWM volunteers and is a leading example of the power of cross sector collaboration and how KWM creates volunteer opportunities for their own staff, and staff of their program partners.