FROM THE JUDGES
Clear program objectives with an interesting strategy to limit to WPG staff and incentivise participation. And a catchy program name!”
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- Successful recipient organisations will complete a feedback survey 12 months on from receiving their grant.
- $3,000,000 in grants distributions during the last financial year.
- Grants program was shared widely by recipient organisations, strengthening organisational relationships and improving staff morale
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
- The Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services, including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, superannuation, insurance, investment and share-broking products and services
- Increasing access to that of previous programs, , all employees, whether WPG participants or not, were able to nominate organisations to receive grants.
- Eligible organisations were then invited to apply for a grant, which were assess by an independent panel of 22 staff across the bank. Criteria was included but not limited to:
1. strength of the relationship between organisation and nominating staff member
2. the organisation’s impact on the community
3. how the funds would be used
4. the impact of COVID19 on the organisation
- Staff were included in “cheque presentations” to recipients. Both parties shared information the program in their communications.
- Recipients will complete a feedback survey 12 months on from receiving their grant. The survey will formally capture information about the unique impact the grant had on their organisation.
- Verbatim feedback from staff was captured through ongoing communications, which has been immensely positive.