FROM THE JUDGES
This is a very new WPG program, so 35% participation rate is extraordinary.”
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- Pepperstone’s global ESG program ‘Pepperstone Pledge’ launched in Sep 2021
- Pepperstone’s WGP has garnered 35% employee participation
- Pledge program includes 3 paid volunteer leave days per year to all employees to volunteer for a charity or cause of their choosing
- WGP partners have access to internal and external platform to share their progress and initiatives
- Pepperstone connects their employees to volunteer opportunities with WPG partners
- Company donation matching for all charity causes, not exclusive to WPG
- Board members ongoing donation contribution
- Program is communicated to all new employees, electronic voluntary opt-in signup during onboarding and induction processes.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
Founded in 2010, Pepperstone is a global fintech and leader in retail FX and CFD trading, operating across 7 regions with a team of 350 employees.
Pepperstone Pledge – Pepperstone’s global Environmental, Social and Governance program launched in September 2021.
The Workplace Giving Program, a key initiative of Pepperstone Pledge, was created with employee-chosen community partners WWF and headspace, to directly support these charities and their work in environmental conservation and supporting youth mental health services in Australia respectively.
Pepperstone holds separate WGP fundraising events throughout the year to support other charities and causes. In 2022 this included offering their global team a channel to financially support charity humanitarian efforts to those impacted by the Ukrainian/Russian conflict.
The Pepperstone Pledge Program also includes:
- A firm commitment to environmental sustainability including the aim of achieving global carbon neutral status.
- A partnership with RMIT University who, together with co-sponsors, fund the RMIT Technology Ignite Scholarship supporting underrepresented students’ access to IT tertiary education.
- A partnership with social enterprise “Code Like a Girl” in support of their mission to drive the enhancement, inclusion and education of women in IT.
Pepperstone is proud of their WGP impacts in just over 12 months.