World Youth International with Computershare
FROM THE JUDGES:
An authentic and growing partnership with great engagement.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 15% of Computershare’s staff in the Asia Pacific region and 9.5% globally participate in the workplace giving (wpg) program
- Global average annual donation per employee is A$27.12
- Trek Nepal fundraising generated more than A$195,000 in 2019
- Employee donation figure for FY20 was $347,872. Computershare will match this amount
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Computershare is a global leader in its field, employing over 12,000 people in around 90 offices worldwide.
- Computershare has a culture of ‘doing the right thing’ and one way it gives back is through its charitable foundation, Change A Life. Computershare funds Change A Life through voluntary payroll deductions by employees which it matches dollar for dollar. It also invites its shareholders to donate their dividends.
- World Youth International (WYI) is a registered charity based in Adelaide, which facilitates volunteer opportunities for more than 3,800 Australians, and
provides access to basic services such as healthcare and education for more than 40,000 people across the globe.
- In 2017, Computershare employees who contributed to Change A Life voted for WYI to be their primary global beneficiary. Computershare made a five year commitment to support WYI with projected financial support through to 2022 of A$1.3m. These funds allowed WYI to build a Student Boarding Home adjacent to the WYI School in Gokarna, Nepal and expand the School’s classes into Years 11 and 12. WYI hosts an annual Trek
Nepal event for a select number of Computershare staff who are contributing to Change A Life.
- Computershare and WYI have created a strong, mutually beneficial partnership. Payroll giving contributions from Computershare staff have provided funding certainty for WYI’s Gokarna School. The annual Trek Nepal event provides a unique and immersive opportunity for selected payroll giving donors to trek in the Himalayas and then visit the school to experience first-hand how their donations contribute and to participate in educational activities with the school’s students. Trek participants undertake fundraising activities for the school in their local communities and share why they
are involved in giving as part of their fundraising efforts. Computershare’s leadership teams are heavily involved in Trek fundraising and it is a collaborative activity. Computershare includes regular communications about Change A Life and Trek Nepal in its global internal newsletter.
- Watch the video