UNICEF Australia with IKEA Australia
FROM THE JUDGES
Really like the leveraging of Ikea HR and recruitment skills in addition to the strategic nature of investing in youth voices.”
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- IKEA Australia have raised over $70,000 for UNICEF Australia in the 12 months up to August 2022, through their workplace giving program. These contributions support UNICEF Australia through their Young Ambassador program, creating opportunities for young voices to be heard.
- IKEA staff were invited to participate in organising UNICEF’s Young Ambassador program. This included participating in scheduled workshops, consultations, and field trips, to train the recruits in areas of leadership, media relations, government advocacy and communications.
- Outcomes of this program are continuously measured.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
- UNICEF Australia is a children’s charity which works to protect vulnerable children, globally and here in Australia. They fundraise and support both domestic and international development programs, focusing on education, child protection, child survival, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, and humanitarian emergencies.
- The Young Ambassadorprogram recruits people aged 15-24 across Australia to participate in the 12-month program. Young Ambassadors are trained in leadership, advocacy, media and communications, and engaging with children and young people.
- IKEA offers well-designed, functional, and affordable, high-quality home furnishing, produced with care for people and the environment. UNICEF Australia works directly with the IKEA Australia team that are based in Tempe, New South Wales.
- Globally, IKEA has been a UNICEF partner since 1988 and has donated millions of dollars to UNICEF programs through philanthropic donations, cause-related marketing promotions, in-kind assistance and promotional activities led by IKEA customers and employees around the world.