sleepbus with JB Hi-fi
FROM THE JUDGES
An engaging, visual and tangible journey for the team and other stakeholders on a chronic issue. Good use of both partners qualities to make inroads into the homelessness concern.”
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- Partnership launched as a “post-COVID” recovery effort to get JB’s workplace giving participation back to 80%
- The result: one of the largest single donations from a corporate partner to sleepbus, which enabled the purchase of a new bus to build the fleet, providing ongoing capacity to shelter an additional 20 people for a safe night’s sleep
- The clip of JB’s donation handover was the most watched workplace giving video in JB Hi-Fi, based on team feedback
- Allowed sleepbus to bulk purchase TV monitors for the sleep pods when stock is hard to find
- The initial donation has started a journey that sleepbus will communicate to JB Hi-Fi staff over the duration of the partnership.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
- JB Hi-Fi is an Australian and New Zealand retailer of consumer goods, specialising in technology, communications, consumer electronics and home appliances. With more than 200 store locations across Australia, a national home distribution centre and a national support office team, they employ over 9000 staff.
- Sleepbus provides safe, temporary, overnight accommodation to people sleeping rough in Australia. They convert buses into sleepbus vehicles, each providing up to 20 people with a safe sleep each night in seperate sleep pod cabins. sleepbus Services operate from 8pm to 8am, 365 days per year. There are currently sleepbus services based in Queanbeyan, Canberra and Maroochydore, with projects underway in Melbourne, Byron Bay, Hervey Bay and Sydney.
- The partnership between sleepbus and JB Hi-Fi aims to build awareness of the sleepbus mission to have sleepbus services in every capital city in Australia by the end of 2023.
- sleepbus agreed to use funds from JB Hi-Fi to purchase and fit out a bus to support rough sleepers in Sydney, with the aim to encourage other organisations to fund a sleepbus in a capital city for 2023.
- The partnership provides two-way support.
- Sleepbus is supported with a donation to expand their operation to a capital city.
- JB Hi-Fi is supported with regular news about a highly tangible outcome from their workplace giving program, which aids their goal of rebuilding their workplace giving participation post-COVID.