PRO BONO LEADERS SUPPORTING INVICTUS
FROM THE JUDGES:
“Impressive 30% growth in last 12-months.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Advisory services firm Deloitte are one of the leading providers of pro bono professional services work in Australia as recognised by the Australian Financial Review.
- With the pro bono program running since 2009 and thousands of staff already participating, Deloitte has upped the ante by establishing a global goal to positively impact 50 million lives by 2030.
- Deloitte Australia has three main components to its program, reinforcing its Responsible Business agenda. These are National Community Partners (Oxfam, CanTeen and most recently Many Rivers), Pro Bono Program inspiring its staff to make a collective impact, and Social Leadership that provides opportunities to develop and unleash its people’s ingenuity, compassion and drive.
- Monthly communication to staff include emails, social media, intranet content, office posters and staff events, as well as onboarding packs for new starters.
- As a founding partner of Invictus Games, Deloitte has provided a dedicated team who have worked tirelessly for over three years to bring the event to Sydney in October 2018. Additionally, ten staff were given the opportunity to be official volunteers at the games, including a Deloitte manager who has firsthand experience of the risks service personnel face.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 57% of 7,000 staff participate in pro bono or volunteering
- $11.76M in pro/low bono services in FY18
- $11.15M to volunteering + fundraising in FY18
- 30% increase in pro-bono over last 12 months