Listening to staff + enhancement of relationships uplifts program
FROM THE JUDGES:
“Good research into other successful giving programs.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- The ‘PETstock Assist Team Giving Program’ was established in 2014 with 7.5% participation rate.
- Originally the program had a single charity as the beneficiary. After listening to feedback from its employees, PETstock decided it was time for a change.
- The team reviewed employee feedback, engaged with expert advice from 1Mdonors.org.au and reviewed key learnings from award winning programs.
- A key enhancement was expanding the offering to a selection of charity partners that take into account staff preferences and are aligned to the company’s overall vision.
- The new strategy also improved community impact, included an updated vision and mission, and involved extending the program to New Zealand.
- The relaunch has seen participation grow from 52% to 59% in four months.
- Keys to success include enhanced charity relationships, increased team engagement and better alignment between the program and the business.
- The renewed commitment to workplace giving is demonstrated in the company business plan where it is now featured as its own entity.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Workplace giving participation: 59.4% of 1,704 staff
- 7.5% growth in four months since relaunch
- Funds have supported training camps for PTSD teams at Assistance Dogs Australia
- More than $10k a month being donated