Katey Parkinson from PETstock
FROM THE JUDGES:
Donor, supporter, leader – living the company ethos and embracing people in however they can give.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- PETstock has over 160 retail sites and 2,000 team members
- Katey’s passion has led to 80% of her store’s team giving (exceeding the company target of 70%)
- Her personal donation amount puts her in the top 15 donors category
- She is also a volunteer, known as a ‘PSA Ambassador’ and as part of this role has driven educational and engaging content on PETstock Assist – the company’s charity arm
- She single-handedly coordinated a 10-part video series which resulted in the participation rate across VIC increasing from 51.9% to 55.1% in just one month
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
Established in 2002, in regional Victoria, PETstock has been built to be a business based on family values and a passion for pets. PETstock Assist is PETstock’s charity foundation. It is committed to making a long-term difference and positive change in the lives of pets and families within the community through educating and raising awareness. PETstock Assist envisions a community where all animals are respected, loved and treated as part of the family resulting in a happier, healthier life for all.
Katey exudes all their company values, in particular:
- We Treat People As People: Katey never judges anyone for not taking part in the program. Rather she works to create an inclusive, safe space in which team members feel comfortable to give as they can.
- Be Passionate, Have Fun and Live Well: Katey is the first to be jumping up and down next to a pallet of donation stock for a photo and will gladly fill her car with dog food that needs to be donated
- Be Courageous: Katey has taken on the largest cohort of team members and non-donors with ease and is courageously questioning the status quo, gaining a group of followers along the way