FROM THE JUDGES:
I like that community is a third pillar and equal to the others (team and client). 1.25% of salary commitment is a powerful tool as is the five days volunteering”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 100% of Kain team members are involved in WPG and 1.25 percent of salaries are directed to the Kain Foundation
- Donations are matched $ for $ and staff are required to commit 5 days to Kain Foundation projects (during work hours)
- Commitment to make a real difference to the futures of year 9 to year 12 students in lower socio-economic areas of Adelaide
- The WPG program is a shining example of what can be achieved through leadership, generous company matching and solid partnerships with local charities
- CY2020 saw the inaugural year of the Northern Opportunities program where our team mentored 15 year 9 students weekly over 23 weeks, held Workplace based ‘PrepME’ workshops for 43 Year 10 students. These year 9 students returned in CY2021 to continue through the 4 year program and our team began mentoring 15 more Year 9 students.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
Kain Lawyers are Transaction Specialists and advise in private and public M&A, equity and debt raisings, capital structuring and transaction disputes. The firm is ranked as one of Australia’s top mid-market transaction firms.
Kain was founded on 3 pillars of opportunity; creating opportunities for its clients, its team and the community. With this commitment in mind, the incredibly successful WPG program was established in 2004. The program has a commitment to providing educational and economic opportunities to young people who may otherwise fall through the cracks.
The ‘Northern Opportunities’ initiative – which is a partnership model with charity partners Raise Foundation and Youth Opportunities and CommBank – is part of Kain Lawyers’ sustainable Community commitment. The program engages with low socio-economic areas and works through a four year program with local year 9-12 high school students. Students are given the opportunity to be exposed to financial literacy and professional environments, one on one mentoring, careers workshops and work experience.