Children’s Hospital Foundation with Event Hospitality & Entertainment
FROM THE JUDGES:
Great partnership rationale and synergy, with strong planning. There is high engagement and donors see the impact of their donations.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 45% of Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited (EVENT) staff participate in payroll giving
- EVENT’s workplace giving (wpg) program has donated over $1,228,880 to the Children’s Hospital Foundation QLD since 2007
- EVENT staff fundraising, volunteering and in-kind support has resulted in lifelong impact for both the Foundation’s patients and families
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- EVENT is a leading entertainment, hospitality and leisure company operating in Australia and New Zealand.
- EVENT is committed to protecting and giving back to the communities in which it operates through a focus on sustainability, fundraising and diversity. The Children’s Hospital Foundation QLD helps sick and injured children. The Foundation became an EVENT wpg charity partner in 2007 and in 2011 was selected as EVENT QLD’s corporate charity partner via a tender process.
- The partnership seeks to address the areas of greatest need within the Queensland Children’s Hospital in line with EVENT’s brand mission and values. Holding young people, technology, entertainment, innovation and fun at the centre of their shared strategy enables a clear direction for both parties.
- EVENT wpg funds help support the Foundation’s Juiced TV program which is made by kids in hospital. Juiced TV provides an innovative and exciting way to engage patients, families and EVENT employees. Juiced TV content is shared at EVENT’s staff inductions. EVENT Cinemas assist with the annual Juiced Awards where kids and their families involved in Juice TV dress up to walk the red carpet and celebrate the achievements of Juice
TV’s season. EVENT staff work with Juiced TV patient presenters and their families to provide movie reviews of family films. EVENT also supports Juiced TV by providing hotel accommodation when needed.
- EVENT’s wpg donations also help sponsor the Hospital’s Kidzone playroom.