DIGGING DEEP FOR THE COMMUNITY
FROM THE JUDGES:
A high donation amount per person and excellent pro bono contribution.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Law firm King & Wood Mallesons has a clear and singular objective to ‘reduce inequality and poverty’ through its Community Impact strategy, of which the DigDeep workplace giving program is a key component.
- Established in 2002, DigDeep enables staff to make both regular and one-off donations through the ‘Catalyser’ technology platform, with donations matched dollar-for-dollar by the firm.
- There is exceptionally strong leadership support for the program, with the Chief Executive Partner chairing the board that oversees the community program.
- Program ambassadors are located in all offices to ensure it maintains a high profile nationwide.
- Regular communications to staff include newsletter updates, office signage, charity partner events and comprehensive information for new staff.
- Several thought-leadership events are held each year on topics aligned to the program’s objectives.
- The firm is committed to growing the program further, having set a stretch target of 75% participation in DigDeep by 2020. It will soon publish its first social impact report.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Workplace giving participation: 47% of 1,537 staff (at 30/06/18)
- Target of 75% participation by 2020
- Average annual donation $330pp
- $11.6M to charity since inception