Changing lives one coffee at a time
FROM THE JUDGES:
Very good increase in matched donations, in addition to fundraising eg. cookbook sales.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Social enterprise STREAT tackles youth issues through hospitality training. This is closely aligned to the core purpose of online marketplace SEEK – to help people live productive and fulfilling working lives.
- Key to the partnership’s success are the shared values and beliefs of the organisations, allowing for natural connections to develop.
- STREAT’s high-quality catering offerings provide many opportunities for SEEK staff to engage with and support its work.
- An activations calendar is agreed each year, which is supplemented by hundreds of innovative small ‘moments of deliciousness’ that occur for staff as part of team building days, customer functions and other events.
- A particular highlight is the annual Easter morning tea run by SEEK volunteers, where STREAT’s handmade hot-cross buns are served. The purchase of the 1,000 buns not only provides a bakery training experience for STREAT trainees, but funds the experience.
- Planned into all activities are ways to drive support for the ‘Small Change’ workplace giving program, with simple sign-up processes and promotional materials available.
- Looking ahead, STREAT is discussing the prospect of being the operator of the café and catering services in SEEK’s new office space.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Workplace giving participation: 60% of 805 employees
- Partnership began in 2014
- 51 youth funded for STREAT’s 6-month training program
- 600 STREAT coffees consumed at SEEK each week