Celebrating ten years of helping
FROM THE JUDGES:
JB Hi-Fi maintains an exceptional rate of workplace giving participation.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- The ‘Helping Hands’ workplace giving program is core to the team culture at consumer goods retailer JB Hi-Fi.
- The program is overseen by one of the executive directors, and driven by a committee of 13 staff ambassadors who together also manage the relationships with the nine charity partners.
- Partners are given various opportunities to enhance the relationship such as speaking at staff conferences and running highly creative in-store campaigns such as ‘Art for AWLA’ (Animal Welfare League Australia) where postcards designed by the JB team were sold through stores, with all funds raised going to the charity.
- JB Hi-Fi’s Group CEO actively promotes workplace giving to other business leaders, and was instrumental in forging a landmark partnership between the Business Council of Australia and Workplace Giving Australia.
- The team has undertaken a project to identify the contribution workplace giving makes to the company beyond the cultural value, finding an incredible $8M per year saving on recruitment and training because of increased employee engagement and retention.
- As we hit print, Helping Hands is celebrating its tenth anniversary, with the team introducing new innovations that will ensure the program continues to both thrive and enable its charity partners to deliver their incredible work.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Workplace giving participation: 81% of 7,586
- Maintained over 80% participation for past 2 years
- $17M donated to charity since program launch in 2008
- 95% of staff believe Helping Hands values and supports the community