BEING “WILD AT WORK” BOOSTS ENGAGEMENT AND FUNDS
FROM THE JUDGES:
”Excellent submission and very strong results.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Conservation organisation Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF) directed its focus towards growing its workplace giving offering in 2018 by hiring a dedicated workplace giving coordinator.
- This was the catalyst for greater engagement with existing workplace giving partners and enabled the roll out of the new “Wild at Work” program.
- The campaign was communicated to both existing partners and prospects through the development of an engagement package. This included an infographic, video and a new workplace giving page on its website.
- The website featured a section for both employers and employees, and both pages housed downloadable materials (e.g. Green Office Toolkit).
- Activations employers could engage with were The Solar Light Challenge, Wild Talks, skilled volunteering and Tree Planting programs. The in-office talks and tree planting were only available to organisations that had at least one person donating to WWF through workplace giving.
- This strategy incentivised organisations to nominate WWF as a strategic charity partner and uplifted workplace giving donations.
- Keys to success were having a clear mission, strategy and measureable outcomes. Making workplace giving a core focus has enabled WWF to communicate effectively with partners and donors, and increased its overall workplace giving income.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- 62% more workplace giving income in 2018 V 2017
- Six new employer partners
- More than 30 companies engaged in staff activations in the year since relaunch
- Collaborative relationships developed with workplace giving partners