FROM THE JUDGES
This program combines employee passion and engagement with community benefits in an employee led way. Highly engaging promotions feature employees and recipients, reaching hard-to-engage parts of the business and >50% grants going to regional areas!”
RESULTS + FEATURES :
- 1,344 grants awarded and over $800,000 funds distributed since 2018 through the People of Post Grants program
- 76% of team members report “I am proud of how Australia Post supports the community”
- 75% say that knowing about the community grants makes them feel more favourably towards Australia Post
- 129 media clips celebrating grant recipients and nominators for the 2022 program, enhancing brand reputation.
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS :
Australian Postal Corporation, trading as Australia Post, is a government-owned corporation that provides a range of postal and trusted services both locally and internationally. The Australia Post Group operations include all integrated delivery, logistics, retail, and the eCommerce network; represented by 1,857 metropolitan post offices, and 2,560 post offices in rural and remote Australia.
- Australia Post’s People of Post Grant Program is designed to empower Australia Post team members to support local projects and causes they care about. With an extended workforce of 70,000 spread across Australia, it was important to build diversity and choice into the program to encourage broad engagement and participation.
- Successful grant recipients are celebrated locally, and team members are recognised for their role in nominating, creating a sense of pride in working for Australia Post.
- Grants were awarded in every state and territory across Australia, with the majority of applications (54%) awarded in regional areas.
- Successful employee nominations were celebrated through posters in local Post Offices. This recognised their support of, and connection to, their community through a Thankyou certificate.
- The Australia Post brand received significant positive PR and media coverage (74 online, 48 print and 7 radio mentions) indicating program relevance for their people and communities