AIC: Lunch n’ Learn sessions with charity partners almost doubles employee participation
FROM THE JUDGES:
This program uses a strategic and focused approach and has the potential to leverage other corporate workplace giving efforts.”
RESULTS + IMPACT
- The workplace giving (wpg) program began in 2017
- In 2019, Lunch n’ Learn sessions with charity partners
- Staff participation grew from 45% to 83%
- The average donation amount grew from $186 to $462
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- The Australian Investment Council (AIC) is the peak national body and leading voice of private capital investment in Australia. With a team of 12, the reach goes beyond their own staff to Australia’s leading private equity firms; venture capital firms; private credit funds and institutional investors such as superannuation and sovereign wealth funds and leading financial, legal and operational advisers.
- AIC refreshed its wpg program by adding special Lunch n’ Learn sessions with their charity partners. These sessions allowed staff to connect with the work of their charity partners in a more meaningful way. Immediately after the sessions, staff were provided with a hard copy form and emailed a soft copy form and were encouraged to donate whilst the stories were top of mind.
- AIC also took their responsibility to grow wpg beyond their own team and implemented an awareness raising approach for their sector. This work will continue in the years ahead and has the goal to encourage more member organisations to get programs up and running.
- AIC created a video on the benefits of wpg encouraging AIC’s members to get involved – this video was presented at AIC’s annual gala dinner with over 500 guests attending.