70’S MOJO DELIVERING FUN & COMPETITON
FROM THE JUDGES:
’Frequent Giving Frenzy’ was a good campaign and I particularly enjoyed the outcomes video.”
OVERVIEW + HIGHLIGHTS
- Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), one of the world’s largest travel companies, established its workplace giving program in 2008 and saw the program quickly take flight.
- Flight Centre Foundation coordinates all community activity, including workplace giving (WPG). The program includes best practice features ‘opt-out’ for all new starters and a champion network and utilises a bespoke in-house loyalty program to drive sign-ups.
- Realising WPG participation had plateaued at 30%, FCTG decided to relaunch the offering in April 2018 with a ‘Frequent Giving Frenzy’ week of intense promotion.
- A funky, unique look was given to the high impact campaign so that it would cut-through the daily noise of communication.
- Channeling the 1970s, it drew inspiration from the TV ads of the period, including bad hair, flares and disco soundtracks.
- Key stakeholders, from senior leaders to charity champions, were involved in the production.
- The fun and engaging campaign included videos, flyers, daily emails and charity partner pop-ups.
- KPIs were published to track progress and promote competition through an internal communications platform.
- Momentum from the campaign carried over into June where FCTG achieved its goal of 35% participation in workplace giving.
RESULTS + IMPACT
- Workplace giving participation: 35% of more than 9,000 staff
- 455 additional donors from the relaunch
- An extra $140,000 (including matching) donated annually
- Increased engagement with the ‘Frequent Giver’ loyalty program